18 December 2020
Wiltshire Local Plan review consultation
The consultation into the Wiltshire Local Plan review, and separately the Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan, will run from Wednesday 13 January 2021 until 11:59pm on Tuesday 9 March 2021.
Wiltshire Council has to allocate sufficient land to satisfy housing and employment needs up to 2036, and is seeking the views of local communities and stakeholders to see if the suggested distribution of numbers across the county is correct, and which of the proposed sites are most suitable.
Feedback during this review consultation will help to shape the draft Local Plan, which will be finalised later in 2021. It will then be used to guide decisions on whether future planning applications for housing, infrastructure and land for employment can be granted.
As COVID restrictions mean that face-to-face events will not be possible during this review, the council is holding a series of online events for people to find out more about the Local Plan. Each event relates to a particular settlement, and there are also two events for rural areas, which include all other Wiltshire villages and settlements that are not covered in the other 15 events.
The online events, which will be held from 7pm-8pm on the dates shown are as follows:
- Planning for Calne, Monday 18 January
- Planning for Corsham, Tuesday 19 January
- Planning for Royal Wootton Bassett, Tuesday 19 January
- Planning for Chippenham, Wednesday 20 January
- Planning for Tidworth and Ludgershall, Wednesday 20 January
- Planning for Malmesbury, Thursday 21 January
- Planning for Amesbury, Thursday 21 January
- Planning for Marlborough, Monday 25 January
- Planning for Bradford on Avon, Monday 25 January
- Planning for Westbury, Tuesday 26 January
- Planning for Salisbury, Tuesday 26 January
- Planning for Devizes, Wednesday 27 January
- Planning for Trowbridge, Wednesday 27 January
- Planning for Melksham, Thursday 28 January
- Planning for Warminster, Thursday 28 January
- Planning for rural areas, Monday 1 February and Tuesday 2 February